Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Motorcycles, Sushi, and One Strange Book

So I love this book!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you tell I really like it?
Summary:
Jessie Hatcher is a 15 teen year old girl with ADHD.
But when her dad suddenly
shows up to see her it puts her mother,
who has a bipolar disorder, over the edge.
She is getting help and Jessie has to
go and live with her father for a short time.
Obviously she is not happy,
I mean would you if
some guy you don't know shows up,
takes you and leaves your mom
all alone in the hospital?
I might be a little confused/upset/couple other emotions.
So she is not happy. In the airport she finds a book on a seat and takes
(FYI she dumped her meds so she is really hyper) it without thinking.
Later when she reads this mysterious RL
book she feels like it is talking to her.
She finds it a calm spot in the storm of:
a cute guy, Rocky, who bugs her(she thinks her dad is
making him hang out with her), a half-sister who hates her,
a job at a sushi place, and her dad who is helping her with her ADHD.
When her mom gets out of the hospital she
wants her to come with her and run away from her dad.
What will she choose?
Romance:
One kiss,her best friend is going out with
a guy and then wants her to go out with this other friend of theirs,
and one talk about where they're going with Rocky.
Violence:
None that I can think of.
Well there is that story about how Jesus called
the demons out of that man and put them in the pig.
Language:
Some name calling between her and her half-sister.
And then her mom is putting her down near the end.
Other:
Her dad had a drinking problem.
Doesn't anymore.
And right after her mom calls she calls Rocky and goes
down to talk to him on the beach.
She is sitting on his motorcycle and her dad
comes out and gets really mad
(he said she couldn't get on any motorcycle unless it was with him).
So I'd rate this like 7 out of 5,
I really like this book.
It may sound bad,but it was really a turn-around book and I just loved it!
13 and up.
Also thank you Galya for following!
XOX,Sierra

2 comments:

  1. Hey!
    I just noticed that under your Blogger profile you listed The Door Within as one of your favorite books.
    I wanted to let you know that I'll be giving away the second book in his newest series, The Berinfell Prophecies-Venom and Song-on my blog.
    If you want to check it out you can go to the-narrowing-road.blogspot.com

    In Victory,
    Seth,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I never heard of this series! I LOVE Nancy Rue! She's one of my FAVORITE authors! I was all bummed because I thought she only did tween series, but I found out a while ago that she wrote one called 'Nama Beach High (Have you reviewed that yet!) and now this one! YAY! I can keep reading! ;D

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)