Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

More Good Books

So yes a couple of books I just read that are awesome.

First,Katy's Debate the second in the Katy Lambright series.
By Kim Vogel Sawyer.

Katy's is using her debate skills to try and stop
the courting her father is doing she is trying to
prove she doesn't need a mother.
This was well written and is very interesting
because you get to live with the Amish for a bit.
Might be a bit depressing and there is tension between her and her father.She is also crushing on someone at her school(he is a Christian)and there is an Amish boy who is likes her.
I'd give it 12 up. 4  1/2  stars out of 5

Next,
Julia's Last Hope Women of the West #2.
By Janette Oke.

Note!
This is not the same cover as the one I read and I have only read this one in the series and I don't think you have to read them in order.

This was about a rich city girl who married a poor guy and after living harshly for a couple years, they inherit some money.And with it they build a big, nice house.That is what you learn about them. They now have 2, 13 year old daughters(twins).The mill has shut down and half the town leaves.A dozen families remain and struggle through 2 years, they bring in vacationers and plant gardens.It goes through how they survive and their pioneer spirit.The characters have a lot of faith in God and it is very inspirational.
I loved this book!
It was very exciting and it had great characters,
the main family was so well knitted together.
I think this is a "anyone can love it" book.
Very educational and not boring in the least.
I'd say 13 up and 5 out of 5 stars.


I hope you guys liked these reviews =)
Here is something you might like...



It is a book trailer for Melanie Dickerson's The Healers Apprentice.
It is out today!
So if you like it go check it out!
By for now with more soon,
Sierra

1 comment:

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)