Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just Ella

Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix

*Note*This is not the cover I read it in and the other cover is a lot prettier!
Quick Summery:Ella is a Cinderella gone wrong.Her Prince isn't so Charming as he was at first and there is a rumor that she used magic to get to the ball!She has to battle with the "etiquette" of the castle.If she's cold what is wrong with making a fire if the servant hasn't come?Apparently everything.There is one calm spot her new teacher,
he's her age and seems to understand her.He has a passion for was victims that have been robbed of their homes.She must find a way to fight through all this madness around her.She never imagined it like this in a castle.


Romance:Jed(teacher) and Ella,at one point when their chaperon is dismissed she tries to tell the Prince she doesn't love him and wants to break the engagement he makes a couple grabs for her and locks her in a closet.They lock her up in the jail with a jailer with a reputation for raping women. Some talk of marriage.


Language:I can't remember anything, but I read this a while ago so I am not sure.


Violence:Talking about the war but nothing gruesome.

Other:Nothing that I can think.

14 up.

3 out of 5 stars.

I liked it as a fairy tale very well great retelling!
But there were those spots...

Sorry if I have been absent.
Sierra

3 comments:

  1. cool review! i assume this is a modern day read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't really modern, it is set in a different world than ours.Medieval I'd say.Next time I'll remember to put what period it is in.Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sierra, can you look at my blog and vote on my blog?
    thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)