Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Lightning Thief

Percy Jackson And The Olympians:The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


Quick Summery:Percy Jackson was a normal kid until his Math teacher attacks him.Then he is suddenly on the run and surrounded by ancient Greek monsters and gods. He learns that he is the son of Poseidon and is now being accused of stealing Zeus's master bolt.He takes demi-god Annabeth , daughter of Athena, and a satyr, Grover, on an adventure to find Zeus's bolt.They travel to The Underworld to see if Hades has it and discover a dark force rising.


Romance:Annabeth has a crush on Luke, son of Hermes.The whole gods come down and have a kid with a mortal thing.


Language:None.


Violence:Percy slays a a couple monsters and monsters come after him.
The Ares kids don't like him and want to beat him up for humiliating them and their dad.

Other:The whole gods come down and have a kid with a mortal thing.
the Greek gods. The magic.

5 out of 5 stars!
I LUVED it!
It was modern and still had the ancientness that you'd want.
I'd say 12 up!

Sierra

2 comments:

  1. I like your reviews~
    but could I add that you should do what time in history it is?
    because I was lost for a moment there.

    but on another note..I like your blog! you read all sorts of books so I can know if I want to read them~
    cool keep on blogging~

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racheal:
    Thank you for you honesty!
    Yes I suppose that comment I made at the end could be confusing.It is set in modern times
    and he pulled it off very well bringing in old and new.Yes I usually come out with at least 5 or more good looking books at the Library.Sierra

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)