Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Goose Girl (Books Of Bayern 1)

The Goose Girl Books Of Bayern 1) by Shannon Hale.

This book is a retelling of the fairy Tale The Goose Girl,

Summery:Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee or Ani, always thought that she would inherit the throne.When her Father dies she learns that her mother wants to marry her off to a prince in another country instead and have her brother rule.On the way half of her guard and her lady-in- waiting betray her and kill all the other guards.She escapes to a house on the outskirts of the capital taken in by Finn and his mother, she soon ventures into the capital and takes a job as the goose herder.She discovers that not only can she talk to birds,  she can talk and listen to the wind.One of the 3 languages: people speaking, animal speaking and nature speaking(wind,fire,water,trees).She meets and falls in love with Geric who turns out to be the prince she was supposed to marry.She needs to expose Selia her lay-in-waiting due to several attempts on her life.

Romance:Geric and Ani(who also has the nickname Isi) kiss and at one point she is embarrassed because he sees her ankle.

Language:None that I can remember.

Violence:A couple of the traitors come after her and they are a bout to cut off her hand or foot but don't.

Time Period:Medieval, another world.

What I Thought:I love all these books and they are so good!Enna Burning is a little depressing and there is one part that is bad in it but other than that her books are clean.

Rating & Age:5 out of5 stars. 14 up.

Sierra

3 comments:

  1. I LOOVEEEE these books!!! They're amazing! I really didn't like Enna Burning--like you said, it was depressing--and I thought Forest Born was, too. But The Goose Girl and River Secrets are definitely two of my favorite books. I love Finn.:) (who doesn't? ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to name one of my sons Finn.
    I love them all!I couldn't pick a favorite.
    FINN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)