Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tournaments, Cocoa and One Wrong Move

Tournaments, Cocoa and One Wrong Move by Nancy Rue

Summery:Cassidy is the star of her basketball team and popular.When she falls and hurts her leg.Her soon to be sister in law gives her some meds to help the swelling to go down so the doctors can operate and she can soon get back on the court.Turns out to be steroids.She loses her place on the basketball team,gets sent to "loser"hall and gets out of sorts with her father.Through it all she changes loser hall, becomes friends with her mom,gets to know God through a strange little book called RL and finally stands apart from her dad.But can she play basketball again?


Romance:There is a boy in Loser Hall,Rafe, and they kiss and hint to start dating.He is dating another girl when she meets him and the other girl is angry at her because she thinks that Cassidy is trying to steal Rafe.

Violence:Rafe's father abused him.Some of the kids in loser hall are picking on another girl.A mean girl on the basketball team trips another girl.

Language:I think that there is something, but I can't remember.

Other:Her dad is over obsessing with like basketball.Reliving himself in her life you know?The steroids.

Time Period:Now.

What I Thought:It might have just been me(I was sick)but the whole first half was kind of depressing.
I didn't like it as much as the other 2.
The ending was good and her change was great too.
She changed a lot!At the beginning she was kinda not nice but at the end she changed.

Rating & Age: 3 stars. 14 up.

Sierra

2 comments:

  1. cool! I saw that review on Prism's blog
    any how, just wanted to let you know I just did a review on my blog! and I follow yours now!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an interesting book; I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)