Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Out of My Mind

Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper


Summery:Melody is a girl with cerebral palsy.She hasn't ever spoken a word or moved much.
She has always had words that she has wanted to say stuck in her head.Her parents and neighbor know she's smart, but others don't.When she and her 'special" class start attending and interacting in other classes Melody is happy.She even gets an idea of getting a computer that will help her talk.It's her chance to prove to everyone that she is smart and can talk.

Roamnce:She wonders if anyone will ever like/love her.

Language:None.

Violence:Her mom hits her sister.Her pet fish, Ollie, jump out of his bowl and dies.

Other:Nothing that I can think of.

Time Period:Modern.

What I Thought:I loved it!I thought it would;d be depressing, but it was a really sweet book!A lot of hope and triumph at the end.
Rating & Age: 4 1/2 stars.  11 up.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this book! It was really interesting; Melody was a great character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that more people are reading this book. i absolutely loved it when I read it :)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)