Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Max On Life

Max On Life by Max Lucado

Book Is About:Questions.Ironically it was more questions.Like my last Booksneeze review.Only this time they were questions sent to Max Lucado.The book is divided into six sections:Hope, Help, His/Hers, Home, Haves/Have Nots and Hereafter.I think I enjoyed Hereafter the most.It was mostly about Heaven.There were some questions that I tihnk every Christan has,will have or has had.Stuff like:How Do I Know I'm A Christian? How Can A Loving God Send People To Hell? When I Doubt God Does He Leave Me? Can God Use Anyone To Change The World?Even Bad People?

What I Thought:There wasn't anything I disagreed with and Max sometimes puts in the jokes that are pretty funny.It was lighthearted and easy to read.

Objectionable Content:One question was How Do I Tell My Kids About Sex? It wasn't descriptive and was really just him telling them to be open.

Age:Teens & Adults.

Now, my Mom didn't want me to read the section on Marriage so here is her review of it:
Him/Her-
This section was basically a Q&A on the marriage relationship.Max encourages his readers to see love as a commitment rather than a feeling.His answers are good, and I think his strongest and best answer to any relational question is found when he says to seek Christ and the filling of the spirit.If both spouses are filled with Christ they grow closer to each other naturally.The content is for the married and those ready for marriage.Though never graphic, the content isn't really appropriate for younger Teens.

Rating(Mine): 2 and 1/2 stars.

Sierra



I got this book free form Booksneeze.

I review for BookSneeze®

2 comments:

  1. cool! I was wondering if that book was good or not, I've seen it on booksneeze for a longtime now. Its cool that you've reviewed it!

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)