Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Maybe/Probably Nots

So I did a post with some not so well liked books a while back and this is something like it.Some I'm saying probably(most likely) not.The others maybe not.But first thank you to my new followers:


emilyclancy

Charmaine
Thank you for following!
And

Shaylene
I can't remember if I thanked you yet so here you go :)
Now here we go:
Dragon Keep by Janet Lee Carey
A Probably.
Why?:One really bad scene with some bad words and actions to a dead dragon.It was really appalling.
It was depressing and the girl, was born with a dragon claw and her Mom made sure no one found out by killing them.There was some dark magic.

The Beast Of Noor by Janet Lee Carey
Maybe/Probably.
Why?:A bit depressing,the main character was a little corrupted by his shape shifting power,some ghost kinda stuff and fairies. I'm not sure if it's a maybe or a probably.It was just a bit dark.

The Dragon Of Noor by Janet Lee Carey
A Maybe.
Why?:Characters were off a bit again(just a bit though), a bit depressing overall I liked it.There were just some little parts.

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
A Maybe.
Why?:Katniss was naked in front of her stylist who was a man.I didn't like that.It was violent because of all the killing and that made it depressing.I think they could have left out some of the kissing, but for the most part I thought the Katniss/Peeta was great.I'm kinda split in half by this book.I like it, but there are some parts I object to.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
A Probably.
Why?:It was exciting, but still depressing.The love triangle I didn't like.Confusing.I also didn't like them lying about Katniss being pregnant.Not as good as the first.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
A Probably.
Why?:Confusing, a little messed up(Peeta hating her etc.),depressing(everyone was using her) and sad.(Prim getting killed)


Emily Ever After by Anne Dayton and May Vanderbilt
Probably (for young teens) maybe for anyone else.
Why?:A lot of drinking(apparently it's something you do in NYC), she slept with her boyfriend(even though nothing happened and she resisted him afterward), her boyfriend kinda tricked her(a lot) and a little sad.Happy ending though.

O.K. And may I say that this is my opinion and I have nothing against the authors.Or anyone else who likes these books.
Sierra♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)