Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dressen


Summery:Macy was striving to be perfect.She had a perfect boyfriend and it made her feel in control after her fathers death.Her other is doing the same thing with work.When she is having a party, Macy meets a catering group that just clicks with her.When her perfect boyfriend breaks up with her for
not taking her job at the information desk seriously and saying "I love you" at the ending of an email, she starts working with the catering crew.As she hangs out with them she starts to become more like herself.She comes out of her mask.A game of truth with Wes, a guy she really admires reviles what she really feels, what she hasn't told anyone.Will this be the turning point?

Romance:Both Wes and Macy are dating someone at the begging, they are "just friends"for a while.
But when Macy's mom grounds her she starts pining for him.A kiss at the end and the beginning.

Language:Well it had just about every bad word I knew in it so if that really offends you and all don't read it.

Violence:Kristy(her friend, was in a car accident and she has scars.Macy saw her dad die of a heart attack.Wes's mom died of Cancer.

Other:A couple drinking scenes and I'm pretty sure they were underage.

Time Period:Modern.

What I Thought:I think overall story was good.Some parts were a little depressing.I loved the catering crew's quirkiness.It was great it was an easy read and exciting.If I had to describe it in a line I would say it's about:a girl trying to find her way with her friends after her father's death.

Rating & Age: 3 stars.14 up.

Sierra♥

3 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the review, Sierra! I saw this (the book that is) at the library, but I wasn't sure whether or not to get it. I read another book by Sarah Dessen called Just Listen. It had a few scenes with drinking and swearing, and there were a few kisses, but it was a good book.
    Woah! Sorry, I didn't mean to do my own little book review (sort of) of Just listen. I basically just wanted to say thanks for the book review and that I'm going to get it from the library now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrinka:No problem.I'll start rambling in my comments, I'm terrible! :) I was considering reading that one.I think that Sarah Dressen is a good writer, very intense and exciting and good small romances.The quirky characters are what I love. And it seems like it's always got a meaning.The character is going through a milestone you know? A big change.Thanks for the mini review and I'm glad you liked mine :)
    Do you have a blog?I would love to follow it if you do!Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite books! I loved the 'working on a catering crew' storyline and I also loved how Wes and Macy were like friends the whole book. And then at the end, they were like, "Oh, I love you." I don't know, I just thought their relationship was really sweet and all. Hehe, Sarah Dessen is such an excellent writer I think.

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)