Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Princess Ben

Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock


Summery:When Ben's uncle and mother are killed in some sort of an attack everyone thinks it was their neighbors.Their neighbors say it was a dragon.The people of Montagne scoff at that.Ben is left with her harsh aunt and the hope that her father will return.With the growing threat of invasion she turns to what food she can find and a secret room and magic book.

Romance:One kiss, dreams of kisses and almost a kiss.Proposal of marriage.
Bad Romance:Some soldiers in the enemy camp (while Ben was pretending to be a boy) talk about a girl who willingly gives her self up.To you know.The prince of the neighboring country, to spite Ben, danced with a lady whose"chest was only contained by goodwill.".

Language:D*m*.

Violence:A dragon (dying and killing people), people shooting at Ben (they thought she was a witch) and a battle.

Other:Magic.

Time Period:Medieval.

What I Thought:It was a little boring at times and Ben certainly had flaws.She did perk up though.And the end was very exciting.I'm not sure I would really recommend it, but the end was good.Maybe if it had been shorter....

Rating & Age:3 stars.13 up.

Sierra♥

2 comments:

  1. I read this about a year ago, and from what I remember, I really liked it. I love reading fairytale fantasy books. :)I think I'll read it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trinka:Fantasy books are among my top favs!
    Sierra♥

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)