Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Roadside Assistance

Roadside Assistance by Amy Clipston



Summery:After Emily's mom dies, her dad's business starts to go downhill.Now they are bunking with her dad's younger sister and family.They just don't seem to get her.How she is happier with cars than with shopping.In fact no one seems to be getting her lately.Like how she just can't pray since her mom's death.And how her dad won't discuss it with her(her mom's death).She finds some comfort helping the guy next door (Zander) fix his car though.

Romance:A couple kisses, she likes Zander and has some relationship problems before it straitens out.
Dustin broke up with Emily at the beginning.Not big other than that she is kinda thrown off by it.She thinks it was because she worked with cars.Emily's cousin Whitney has a breakup too.

Language:None that I can remember.

Violence:her dad was working on a car and a piece spun out and  came at him like a saw and cut him pretty bad.A couple arguments.

Other:Her Mom dies of cancer.

Time Period:Modern.

What I Thought:To me it felt a lot like a Christian Sarah Dessen.(I accidentally spelled her name wrong earlier so sorry!)I really liked it.At first(before I began)I thought that because it was about cars I might not like it.But I really did.It was awesome!

Rating & Age:5 stars.13/14 up.

Sierra♥

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't find your email so I thought I would reply here!
    You will see it more clearly next week, but basically you just compile a list of all the things that you can find to celebrate in your life. They can be really small, to really big things :) &you can add a picture, or just put it at the end of whatever post you want to do. I will be putting them at the end of some of my 30 for 30s. There really are no rules, you can do whatever you want!

    -Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this book, and your review just makes me want to read it even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this, but my library doesn't have it. :( Oh well...good review, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alycia:Thanks so much!I'll do my best :) and I'll be doing it on my generic blog Mission Beautiful

    Trinka:It was so good!They have it at the Christian bookstores, my copy was only $10.

    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks! I requested it from our library :)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)