Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Belle

Belle:A Retelling Of Beauty And The Beast( Once upon A Time) by Cameron Dokey.

Read my review of another book in the series, Beauty Sleep.
Summery:Belle's sisters are shockingly beautiful.Belle's name means beautiful, but she isn't beautiful like her sisters are.She feels like her face and her name don't match.When her father falls to misfortune they move to the country.There is a rumored Beast in "The Wood". And her father meets it.He tells the Beast of Belle's skill with carving wood.The Beast needs her to find the crarving in a tree.But she can't find it or bear to look in his eyes.

Romance:One kiss?Mention of someone liking/loving someone.

Language:None.

Violence:The beast yells at her father and Belle worries that it will eat her.

Other:Magic.

Time Period:Medieval.

What I Thought:In some ways it was similar to Beauty by Robin McKinley
(the beginning).I think I liked Beauty Sleep Better.It was a god book, I've just read better retellings.

Rating & Age:3 stars.13 up.

Sierra♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)