Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Iron King

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


Summery:The day before her sixteenth birthday, Megan Chase start seeing things.Strange things.On her birthday, her worst, her brother is swapped for a faerie Changling, her school life is ruined and her best friend happens to be a faerie too!Megan begins a dangerous in (more than one way) journey into the Faerie world to find her brother.

Romance:One kiss on the mouth one on the cheek.She has a crush on a jock who turns out to be a jerk.
Bad Romance:She is an illegitimate child.The King(her Dad) tells her what happened.The Queen isn't to happy.Nothing in detail.He just talks about how he met her mother(she was married) and she was lonely and one night...

Language:Ba***rd, D*m**t, A**, S**t, H**l, D*m*, B***h and P**s.

Violence:A ton of people attacking her, chasing her, trying to kill her.At the beginning the Fey really scare her.The Changling who replaced her brother bit her.

Other:Magic, mention of Satyrs may try to rape her and a phrase"Are you on crack?".
The guy she had a crush on, the faeries said he looked in the showers in the locker room and made it look like she did it.So he got mad and played a trick on her.Pretended to be nice, took a picture of her and then photo-shopped it to make her look flat and stupid.And uh naked.Kinda ruined her social life.

Time Period:Modern.

What I Thought:Well...there was a lot of bad stuff and language.It was a bit dark too.The plot was good though and I think that I will read the next one and hope that the language and themes are better.

Rating & Age:3 stars.14 up.

Sierra♥

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about this book... I read it. And started the sequel, but I never fnished the sequel... I just couldn't get into it. It was a little slow for my liking, and I honestly couldn't keep up with all the wierd creatures names and which ones were bad and who was a good guy and who wasn't. And Ash kind of annoyed me. Lol, I was just like "Fall in love with her already, dude!" But he was kinda cool. And his names is cool. :-P

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)