Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cannons At Dawn

Cannons At Dawn Kristiana Gregory.

Read my review of the first book, The Winter Of Red Snow


Summery:Abigail is now in her teens, growing up fast!With her father in the war and their house burned down by a fire, she,  her mother, little sister Sally and little brother Johnny have no where to go but after he father.They head off after the army.She makes friends with Willie Campbell and has many close calls and adventures, most not pleasant.war is a cruel time and place.

Romance:Abigail falls in love with Willie Campbell and marries him.She gets pregnant at the end and they are mentioned sleeping in the woods but no description of "stuff".

Language:None.

Violence:Death, war, fighting, runaway slaves almost caught, a child drowning, harsh living conditions.

Other:Slight drinking reference.

Time Period:1779-1781.

What I Thought:A great sequel!I read it in a couple hours.This author is very good with historical fiction.This book was an easy read and it had a lot of facts on the time period and was very realistic.

Rating & Age:3 stars.(yes the other was better) 13 up.

Sierra

2 comments:

  1. I know you wrote this post a while ago, but I've been away from my computer for a while, so sorry! :) Annnyywaaay: This book sounds pretty awesome! Has the author written other books about her? I think I've read some by her about an Abigail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trinka:No problem :)
    It WAS very exciting. Yes she did The Winter Of red snow.She may have written other books but that would be the only one I've reviewed.you can find it here:http://sierrasbooklist.blogspot.com/2011/07/winter-of-red-snow.html
    I think you've read it though.
    Thanks for your comment!
    Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)