Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Son Of Neptune

The Son Of Neptune by Rick Riordan.
The Heroes Of Olympus book  two.
Read my review of the first book, The Lost Hero.
Read my reviews of The Kane Chronicles.
Read my reviews of Percy Jackson And The Olympians.

Summery:Percy Jackson can't remember where he came from. He knows his name and a has a few fuzzy memories...like a girl named Annabeth. He is chased by some ugly gorgons until he reaches the camp for Roman demi-gods...like him. While carrying a smelly old lady who turns out to be Juno (Hera)  he enters the camp and defeats the gorgons...again. They keep reforming so quickly! he makes a couple of friends like Frank and Hazel...who are kind of outcasts. He also is placed in the worst cohort in the camp. Through a surprising win for his cohort in the war games and a visit from Frank's dad Mars (Aries) he and his new friends soon find them on a quest to free Death from one of Gaea's giant sons. Along the way Percy hopes to find his missing memories.

Romance:Dating someone, liking someone, thinking about someone, a kiss, and a couple on the cheek. remembering a kiss.
Bad Romance:Not really mentioned, but the Greek & Romans having illegitimate kids.

Language:None.

Violence:Monsters, killing, death, injuries, yelling/arguing, monsters trying to eat/kill you and kind of a bully.

Other:Greek and Roman gods, mythology, demi-gods, mythical creatures, the underworld.

Time Period:Modern.

What I Thought:I liked it better than I thought I would. I thought that I would hate Percy not remembering so I was happy that he could remember little things...like oh I don't know...Annabeth? But Rick Riordan made it work out right :) And it was a great adventure and very exciting!

Rating &Age:5 stars. 12 up.

2 comments:

  1. i've heard a lot about this book. think i'll put it on hold at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica:It is a good one! I would suggest reading the other books first though... or at least The Lost Hero so everything will make since. Of course if already have...have fun! Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)