Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sphinx's Princess



Sphinx's Princess by Esther Friesner.
Sphinx's Princess (Princesses of Myth)


Summery:Growing up beautiful isn't to easy. With the overbearing shadow of her aunt,Queen Tiye , who caused her mother's death...and Nefertiti having so many of her mother's traits. She learned to write and is in danger if her aunt ever finds out about her skill. Being the Pharaoh's favorite her aunt has quite a bit of power. When visiting her with her family, Neferiti learns of her aunts plans to marry her to her son,Thutmose . can she find some way out of this trap?

Romance:Maybe starting to like/love someone. forced marriage. Couple of kisses.
Bad Romance: Concubines and illegitimate children.

Language:Kinda A--. Otherwise nothing.

Violence:Some fist-fights, trying to kill someone, some killing/executions, yelling/arguing.

Other:Egyptian gods, they drink a little wine....

Time Period: Ancient Egypt.

What I Thought:Interesting story and book.It has a lot of facts and you could learn something(beware :P). It was pretty clean and maybe a tad depressing. It was exciting though! I am going to read the second book soon. And I would also not really advise reading the series on Helen (of Troy?) The first was okay I believe but the second had some depressing and inappropriate (I thought) things in it.

Rating & Age:3 1/2 stars. 13/14 up.

Sierra♥

3 comments:

  1. great review. as always, i loved how it was so organized. um, how do you get that star rating wigdet below your labels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read another book by her I think it was Nobody's Princess...{and by "read" I mean "skimmed over, because it was kind of boring :P} I don't think I will put any effort into getting this one to read. :D
    Great review though! And I was wondering the same thing as Jessica...even though, right now I can't see them...I wonder why!
    Wow, this comment doesn't make much sense, I'm writing really long comments today for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica:Thanks :) It was in the gadgets section of the layout. I believe.... If it isn't there...well.... I could try to search around for it.

    Trinka: That was the series I was referring to the first one, "Nobody's Princess" was okay, though yes, a little bit boring *grin* The sequel however was a bit depressing and it had some "stuff" in it. I wouldn't recommend it.

    Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You are!)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)