Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

A Distant Melody

A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin.
A Wings Of Glory book.


Distant Melody, A: A Novel (Wings of Glory)
Summery:When she is visiting her friend, Betty, the week of her wedding Allie finds herself attracted to Walt, a pilot in the war and an old friend of her friends. Allie has the time of her life and when she gets back home she starts to change in places where she would complied. She starts to write letters to Walt. even though she is practically engaged to her parents choice of a husbands.... needless to say she doesn't really like their pick. Meanwhile Walt has problems on the war front with his team and with a white lie he told about Allie. Can they help each other, as they are so alike, and come together as they're both trying to break themselves away from what they feel?

Romance:Kisses (mostly pecks), hugging, holding hands, loving/liking, admiring, flirting, talking and thinking about someone. A couple small implications to more adult things.

Language:None.

Violence:The war(WW2), shooting, killing (not really described but sad...all the war stuff), injuries/amputation, yelling/arguing.

Other:Lying, drinking, smoking(?).

Time Period:1942-1943.

What I Thought:A great book, with a really good plot! I love the time period 1850s-1950s. So anything in here is something that I will really like :) So Sarah Sundin has some books for me to read :) She is a really good author and I really enjoyed this book!

Rating & Age:5 stars. 14 up.

Sierra♥

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book I would like :)I wish I could read it someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I read this review!! This book series is on my "to read" book list a.k.a. books to get from the library. I love the 40's/war era, so this should be a really good series to read!! Glad you enjoyed it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trinka:I hope you can :)

    Rachel: I love anything through 1859-1950. And books set in the west. Sarah Sundin is a wonderful author! Though, you may want to be careful, the next book has a bit more...stuff in it.Though still wonderful, just a bit depressing.

    Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)