Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Golden

Golden by Cameron Dokey.
(A Once Upon A Time book.)
Read my reviews of other Once Upon A Time books.


Golden: A Retelling of "Rapunzel" (Once Upon a Time)
Summery:The true story of Rapunzel. Her true, first account. Her mother craved Rapunzel and her father stole it from the Sorceress's house next door. The second time he was caught and the Sorceress made a deal with him. If they couldn't love the baby, his wife was about to have she would take the baby Rapunzel. When she was born her mother immediately said she could never love her. Because Rapunzel was bald. Now she has grown up in the kind sorceress's house. She will soon have to undo the spell of the tower...but can she? And find love other than what her mother has given her?

Romance:A couple kisses, liking/loving someone and/or starting to. Talk(brief) of love. 

Language:None.

Violence:Angry villagers that were going to run them out of their home, saying mean things about Rapunzel and saying she was cursed. Yelling/arguing.

Other:Magic, stealing.

What I Thought:It has been my favorite of the 3 I have read. I really got sucked in at the end. The story was very different...but true to the original story. I thought it was very well written.

Rating & Age:4 stars. 13 up.

Sierra♥

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I really want to read this one!!! I've read about five or six from this series, and I love them! :) Does the author make the Sorceress {her mother} kind all through the book? I hope so, I kind of get tired of everyone interpreting her as evil! Loved this review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trinka: Yes, and the Sorceress is really her step-mom :) I have read...four others? Thanks :) It is nice to see story differences :) Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)