Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Smitten

Smitten by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt, and Denise Hunter.


Summery:Four best friends, mother like, health food lover Natalie, fashionable Julia, lady-like and cute little dog toting Shelby and athletic and organized Reese... when the mill that brought business and supported the town shuts down the whole town tries to think of what they can do to save the town. But the girls come up with the winning plan. Turn their town, Smitten, into a honeymoon, romantic getaway. In beautiful Vermont. Some of the men have a little pride issue with their town becoming girly...but everyone is won over to try and save the town. Along the way the girls might just find the guy they have been waiting for...

Romance:Kisses, talking about someone, thinking about someone, flirting, attraction/admiring, loving/liking someone, hugging, holding hands.
Bad Romance:Natalie's sister has a baby before she was married and her mom married a lot of guys who really weren't that great. There are rumors that the guy that Natalie likes is Mia's, (her sisters child) father. Natalie's sister told her it was him, but Natalie doesn't really believe her. Shelby also got pregnant as a teen, only she has an abortion. Divorce. Reese, trying to make the guy she loves like her too, accidentally has him thinking that she is still in love with an old boyfriend who is about to get married and that she wants to make him jealous.

Language:None.

Violence:A fire, being made to have an abortion(Shelby's dad made her get one), yelling/arguing, minor injuries (running into someone), a pretty major character's ex-wife dies.

Other:Natalie's sister threatening that if she doesn't get money that she will take her child, Mia, (whom Natalie is taking care of and loving) away. Lying. Mention of creeps (weirdos...one dad was a bit protective of his daughter).

Time Period:Modern.

What I Thought:I really only got this because I really like Colleen Coble's books. But this was such a sweet, cozy, funny and enjoyable book...well I should have gotten  even if she hadn't contributed. It is a great hometown romance. I think that pretty much every girl can relate to one of the girls. They each have little quirks and hobbies.

Rating & Age:5 stars. 14 up.

Sierra♥

I got this book free from the publisher.
I review for BookSneeze®

2 comments:

  1. This sounds cute. :) I hope I can find it somewhere. :)
    Oh, and have you reviewed all of the RL series? If so, could you, like, give me the links to them {if it isn't much trouble!}? I was wandering what you thought about them.
    Any way, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trinka: I hope so too :) I sure can! I just left a comment on your blog with the link :) Have a great day!

    Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)