Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Memory Between Us

A Memory Between Us by Sarah Sundin.
Wings of Glory book two.
Read my review of A Distant Melody.
Memory Between Us, A: A Novel (Wings of Glory)
Summery: Jack Novak is a handsome (and he knows it) World war 2 pilot, hoping to win over the pretty, fiery nurse who refuses to date. It's a challenge for him. Ruth Doherty, hurt from her past and because of her parents death, needing to work very hard for money  to support her siblings. She tried to make up with God...but he doesn't seem to listen. The last thing she need is a cocky pilot who just might need her.

Romance:A couple kisses, talk of marriage and stuff like that, admiring, flirting, liking/loving someone, thinking and talking about someone.
Bad Romance:Rape in the past, and almost a second one. Ruth sold kisses when she was little. One guys pats her and is the one who tries to rape her.

Language: None.

Violence: Wounds/injuries, battles(in the war), people dying in the war, wanting to hit someone, breaking someone's arm (on purpose), using medicine to knock someone out while they were hurting someone.

Other: Orphans.

Time Period:1943-1944.

What I Thought:Wow. Have I mentioned I love this author? She is just amazing! And plus I think I get extra points for all the facts that are educational. :) Although the rape part is a bit bad, the book is wonderful! I even found myself liking Jack (it was the mustache...I'm just not a mustache person.) and Ruth was so easy to love. A great, plot and characters. What's not to love?

Rating & Age:5 stars. Mature Teen. (14 to 15+)

Sierra♥

4 comments:

  1. Hmm... :) This sounds like my kind of book :) I think I've read one or two by her before...but I'm not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really great book! I really want to read all 3 books - haven't started on the 1st one yet, lol...great review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sierra - thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Jack & Ruth's story - even with the mustache :) I agree with your "mature teen" rating. My own 13-year-old son is begging me to read it (he loved books 1 & 3), but I'm making him wait a bit longer for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trinka: Well if you have not I hope you do :) she is a great author!

    Rachel: I hope you get to read them soon :)

    Sarah Sundin: Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! I was jumping around once I saw it :) I really enjoyed it and I cannot wait to get my hands on book three, unfortunately my library hasn't gotten it yet :( Thanks again!

    Sierra
    Keep growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)