Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Outcasts

The Outcasts by John Flanagan.
The Brotherband Chronicles book one.
Read my other reviews of books by this author.

The Outcasts (Brotherband Chronicles)Summery: Hal has been an outcast most of his life. His now deceased father married a freed Arulean slave. earning Hal the assumption of being totally Arulean. His father's old friend, Thorn, has been showing signs of being the warrior he once was to help Hal train a bit as defense against the boy, Tursgud, who has bullied him. For he'll see a lot of him at Brotherband training. As it turns out Hal is picked as a leader for The Herons...the outcast Brotherband. 


Romance:Mention of liking, admiring, brief mention of a kiss.


Language:None.


Violence: Fighting (beating up and wrestling), injuries (a bit descriptive), yelling/arguing, insults, threats, killing/murder.

Other:Drinking, slavery mentioned, stealing

Time Period: Medieval.

What I Thought:As good as Ranger's Apprentice ever was. I was afraid it would be different and though I love Halt and Will I think I'll love these new characters too! Because they are totally lovable and it is a wonderful story and plot. I couldn't put it down and finished it quickly.

Rating & Age:5 stars. 13+

Sierra
Keep Reading....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the review! I did like what I've read of his Ranger's Apprentice series (I still have to finish it), and I love the title for this. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)