Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
Read my review of Hunger Games.

Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)Summery:Those berries started it all, Katniss's actions to stay alive have put everyone she loves in danger. President Snow has paid her a personal visit to tell her to play her love life up and he'll keep her family and friends safe. He wants to see proof, to believe that she really loves Peeta, even if he knows it is just a show. But if she can't do this, people will get hurt. Peeta dislikes that she led him on and is only polite now, and Gale is just awkward to be around because of the games, Peeta and the kiss. But with the uprisings in some of the districts and all....even when trying not to Katniss is quickly becoming the Mockingjay.

Romance:Kissing (for show and for real), liking/loving, hugging, holding hands, flirting.
Inappropriate Romance: Peeta and Katniss sleep together for comfort against nightmares. (nothing happens). Johanna takes of her clothes in an elevator with Peeta and Katniss inside. (Katniss gets mad...go Katniss!)

Language:None.

Violence:Killing, injuries, fights, threats, talk/describing of wounds and blood, yelling/arguments.

Other:Lying (the lie about Katniss and Peeta being married and Katniss being pregnant), drinking.

What I Thought: I thought wrong. Only two things that I really disagree with and it is an exciting adventure. It's a page turner, you don't want to put it down and it has a great plot. Great dystopia and sequel. And I really enjoyed rereading it. I think that I didn't like it because immediately after finishing I read Mockingjay (the first time I read the series) and well I didn't like Mockingjay and that threw my view of this book off. But it is a great, well written book!

Rating & Age: 5 stars. 13+ (Or mature 12 year old, I have friends who have been 12, read it and loved it.)
Sierra
Keep reading...

4 comments:

  1. I didn't like this one as much as the first, although I still loved it to death. Ya know, Peeta has a way of making you love a book. =) Are you going to see the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is totally true :) I wish...but no *tear* I might die if some cute painter doesn't come along. Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)

      Delete
  2. Umm...with that kind of stuff in it, Sierra...shouldn't it be inappropriate for anyone to read?

    http://www.goodreadingguide.com/Hunger-Games-1-Collins-Suzanne/9781407109084

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, but I think it depends on your views and choices in life. If you choose not to read it I won't hold it against you. And if I have a friend who views things differently and reads something I would never want to, then I am only different from her. No offense however and you do have a good point. Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)