Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dolphin Tale

I know I usually don't do movies, but I did want to review this one.

Dolphin Tale is based off a true story about a dolphin named Winter who loses her tail in an accident. She goes on to learn how to swim without her tail but it causes muscle to build up to where it could hurt her spine. I'm not sure if it's in the real story, but in the movie a boy named Sawyer who is hating Summer School, missing his cousin who is away in the army and is still not trying to make friends. But when he finds Winter and comes back to see her he forms a bond with her. When things look up when she learns to swim without her tail everyone at the marine hospital is happy. But they are in debt and then they find out the bad news about Winter... Sawyer and his new friend Hazel have an idea to find a prosthetic tail for Winter and to have a show to raise money to help save the hospital. Can they pull it off?

What I Thought: It was a great movie and very inspirational. You are rooting for Winter and victory :) It had its funny moments and its memorably touching ones. I would definitely recommend it and it is a family friendly movie, there is a bit of blood shown when Winter is found, but it is not very disturbing.

Objectionable Content:Some yelling and arguing, bathing suites/shirtless guys shown at a pool party. Winter's tail looks bad and she has blood on her when she is found. Hazel's dad tells Sawyer and Hazel a story about how an Indian god turned children in to dolphins.

Sierra
Keep reading...

4 comments:

  1. I want to watch it really bad. Do you think it would be appropriate for 5-7 year olds?

    ♥Godsgirlz1♥

    godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 7 year old sister watched it, the really only violent part is when Winter is found and the 5 year old could always be distracted. So I think it would be. Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)

      Delete
  2. Hi my name is Ashley I really look up to you as a blogger and sister in Christ and was wondering if you would help me promote my blog for Christian girls called Pray LOVE Live

    The website is
    http://luv2sing-mypre-teenjourney.blogspot.com/

    Your a big inspiration to me as I said and I am subscribed, following you, added you on Google Plus and posted a blog post on my website with a link to your blog! If you could help that would be such a honor. Thank you a million gazillion. God bless you and your wonderful acts for him

    -Ashley Crum (11years old)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lovely blog Ashley and you know that I've responded so...no need to talk about it now ;P Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)