Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

The Silent Governess

The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen.
Read my reviews of other books by this author.

Silent Governess, TheSummery:Running away from her home on a terrible night Olivia Keene not only witnesses someone, perhaps her father, strangling her mother, but also has a scare while fleeing at night in the woods. Then a day later she is accused of stealing, but what really happened is much worse, she has overheard Lord Bradley's secret...and he knows she did.
She is thrown into jail and through an accident she cannot talk, although she can communicate by writing. Lord Bradley will keep her as a servant for know...hoping to keep his secret just that, a secret. In the meantime Olivia has a place to stay that is safe, for as long as she can keep silent.

Romance: A couple kisses, touching, hugging, flirting, admiration. She walks in with lord Bradley in the bath, bare chested.
Inappropriate Romance:Premarital s-x (several mentions), illegitimate children.

Language: None.

Violence:Strangling, hitting(poker, maybe a slap), a fire, injuries, yelling/arguments, threats.

Other: Smoking, black mail, false accusations, drinking.

Time Period: 1815.

What I Thought: I loved it! It was a lot more exciting that The Apothecary's Daughter, the first book of Julie Klassen's that I read. There was a mystery and suspense and some very strong characters. Also a lot of historical facts about governesses. Very well written too.

Rating & Age:4 stars. 14+

Sierra
Keep reading...

6 comments:

  1. This review has intrigued me! I think I will order this from the library! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great, exciting book! Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)

      Delete
  2. I was wondering about this {I read another of her books, Lady of Milkweed Manor} but wasn't sure since the one I read wasn't the best... But I think I'll read this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The Lady Of Milkweed Manor because I wasn't sure I would like it. But this one was amazing!!!!! Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)

      Delete
  3. Sierra-
    I am so sorry I have never commented on this blog! It is very cool. I really enjoy reading you reviews on books, and seeing your rating and age opinion. Thanks for posting on Sierra's Booklist!!!

    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! it's fine ;) I'm sorry *I* haven't been commenting on your blog! Your welcome and thanks for the lovely comment! Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)