Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Winter's Child

Winter's Child by Cameron Dokey.

Winter's Child (Once Upon a Time)Summery: Kai and Grace, best friends, grew up hearing the story of The Winter Child. The North Wind held her and changed her, making her cold and un-aging. She must now right her parent's wrongs and the hearts of others.  After a a fight Kai disappears in the middle of the night without saying goodbye...Grace sees him go and sees when he follows the  Winter Child. And she decides she must follow him. The Winter Child is trying to finish her task. She is frozen at the age of sixteen, always going and fixing...but now she hopes she may have found love. Three people, one grand adventure!

Romance: A kiss, holding hands, loving someone, admiring, hugging, tlak of getting married.

Language: None.

Violence:A falcon scratches someone's face, yelling/arguments, falling from a great height, dying on the spot, death from old age.

Other:Magic of sorts, a curse/wish.

Time Period: Medieval/another world.

What I Thought: There were a lot of similarities with the real story, The Snow Queen. I do like how the author made the Snow Queen/Winter Child good. In the original she was bad...I think it was a good change. It was a great retelling and the fairy tale itself is lovely ;)

Rating & Age:4 stars. 12+
Sierra
Keep reading...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book. It was probably one of my favorites in the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great book! I was a fan of the fairy tale and I really liked how it was retold! I love the series a bunch ;)Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)