Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Dragonswood

Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey.
Read my review of other books by this author.
(Note, that was a really old review ^^ and some of the stuff I've changed my mind about)

DragonswoodSummery: Raised with an abusive father, Tess knows how to dodge blows. But when lady Adela, the witch hunter, comes to town she is accused by several people of being a witch. She most certainly is not! Soon she is on trial...she would have died if a dragon hadn't helped her escape.  Secretly Tess does go into the woods, Dragonswood, one of the things she was accused off. She loves it there are it is her refuge.  And once, when she brought her friends with she was spotted. When tortured she gives up their names...she hates herself for it.Now she and her friends are on the run. Another thing that she can do, although no one knows of it is firesight (visions in a fire basically), and she has seen herself with a green man who knows whom he is and if he means her danger? But when she does meet him, Garth, she somehow knows not to fear him, and that he will help them. A wonderful adventure in the making...


Romance: A kiss (not described), liking/ loving someone, thinking and talking about someone, attraction, flirting, hugging. Tess and __ pretend to be married for a few nights (image only and for safety).
Inappropriate Romance: Someone having a child without getting married (with a fey).

Language: P--s, ar-e, d-m-, bas---d.

Violence: Abused by father, wrestling, sword fight (kinda in jest), drugging people, injuries, torturing, attacking, death, burning so called "witches".

Other: Mention of someone going crazy and exposing himself by relieving himself in public, thieving, lying/hiding something, witches and hunting of so called witches, dragons, fey. Half human half fey people too.

Time Period:1192. Another world sorta.

What I Thought: It was mostly clean and quite a bit better than the other books I've read by this author, but not only in that section but also I think in plot and characters. I loved the dragons and the fey...and Garth/Bion and Tess! And the cover :) :) I did guess some of the plot which made me feel a bit smart as well :) *wink* But like I said, her other three books that I've read I didn't like so much. (The Beast Of Noor, The Dragons Of Noor, and The Dragon Keep. The Dragon Keep was kind of a prequel to this one, or rather this one was the unofficial sequel)

Rating & Age: 4 stars. YA+
Sierra
Keep reading...

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... can't decide if I want to read this book or not. I've seen it and considered it, but I'm not sure if I like the storyline. IDK, just doesn't seem fantasy exciting enough for me. LOL. I'm being to picky.

    I just finished reading a book called "To Save a Life" that you might like. Have you read Clockwork Angel yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've heard of it. But I haven't read it. I would...I just loved it :) But if it isn't you style nothing you can do about it right? I haven't yet but I need to! Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)
    Philippians 4:8

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)