Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Rose Of Winslow Street

The Rose Of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden.
Read my review of her first book, The Lady Of Bolton Hill

Rose of Winslow Street, TheSummery:Running from his half brother and country to the new world with hopes for just that (a new world), Michael Dobrescu and his family have arrived at the house that was given to him by his uncle. The only problem? Well other than the roses anyway. Ahem, it is that someone else has been living there. and they aren't to happy about his showing up and wanting it. Libby Sawyer, at first hates Michael, he barged into her house, moves her paintings, and makes her so angry with some of the things he says...but she soon warms to his care for his family. Brought together by a house, they will learn new things about themselves as well.

Romance: Liking/loving someone, a few kisses, attraction and admiration, thinking and talking about someone, touching (hugging or holding hands).
Inappropriate Romance: Lady Mirela was raped badly in the past (it was not described but mentioned a few times)

Language:None.

Violence: Several injuries, yelling/arguments, people shunning the Dobrscu's, beating their children up and egging their house. A few fist fights, mentioned (in jest and for real).

Other: Illegitimate child and bit of talk and mention of it (couple pages her and there) suicide (attempted).

Time Period:1879.

What I Thought: I loved the fire in the characters, the history and the story was enjoyable. I really liked it.  However the romance, I felt wasn't as strong as it could have been and I really loved the first book a but more :) I would recommend both (they are mostly clean however the first slightly more) to YA+

Stars: 3.8
Sierra
Keep reading...

6 comments:

  1. As you already know, I definitely agree with you. Camden's first novel is lots better... still, I am excited about her third novel this fall. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)
      Philippians 4:8

      Delete
  2. Calling all Hunger Games fans! Go to the following link!

    http://jewelrymaking4u.blogspot.com/2012/04/calling-team-gale-and-peeta.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checking it out Meena :) Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)
      Philippians 4:8

      Delete
  3. 'Twas midnight on the ocean, not a car in sight.
    Everything that you could see, was hidden out of sight. It was a summer day in winter, and the snowflakes fell like glass. A barefoot boy with shoes on, stood sitting in the grass. On the other side of the ocean, ten feet from where he sat. It was a bright day in the middle of the night. Two dead men got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew there swords and shot each other. A deaf policeman who heard the noise, came and shot those two boys dead. If you don't believe this lie is true, ask the blind man he say it too. I made this up, my somber laughter, echoed back from the void of space. After seeing that you rightfully stole a picture from Amazon, but the picture is still there? I gaze at you all day waiting to catch glimpse of you for the first time. But it's a digital age, and I am most certainly a digital Mage. Saturday's a horrible month of the year, and I have empty time filled with work. Now my storie has ended it made no sence from the end, but read it again and you will see who I am.

    (after proof reading I just laughed Srry =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting and poetic :) Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)
      Philippians 4:8

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)