Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Violet Eyes

Violet Eyes by Debbie Viguié.
A Once Upon A Time book.
Read my reviews of other books in this series.

Violet Eyes (Once Upon a Time)Summery: Violet is just a normal, peasant farm girl who longs for perhaps a little adventure. Or she thinks she is merely a farm girl... When a storm brings Prince Richard to their farm, sick and hurt, she tends to him as he recovers. They soon find a deep friendship and attraction between them. But his parents are having a contest to pick out his bride, strictly princesses, and would not allow him to marry Violet. Then she discovers a grand secret, that her parents are not her real parents! They took her in as a child, they think she is Cambria's lost princess and encourage her to go and enter the contest and try and prove that she is the true princess. She leaves them to try and win the contests, marry Richard and get her happily ever after.

Romance: Some kisses (slightly descriptive), touching, admiring, loving /liking someone.
Inappropriate Romance: Prince Richard has a bad feverm when it breaks finally he is very cold. Violet sleeps next to him while he is recovering and asleep to keep him warm.

Language: None.

Violence: A nearby kingdom, Lore, murder the royal family. Some injuries (falling off a horse, a burned hand), Violet wants to hurt Lore's princess.

Other: Cheating, rumor of mermaids and werewolves, lying.

Time Period: Medieval.

My Thoughts: I love this fairy tale and it was a great retelling! I had read a retelling that was a bit like this one...but not really. There wasn't a lot of similarity in the plots. And this one had a really developed one, even if not completely "original". It is an enjoyable book and if you are a fairy tale lover you will love it :) I would recommend this book to ages (mature 12) 13 up.

My stars:4
Sierra
Keep reading

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your reviews. How many different places do you do reviews for?
    ~Aidyl
    www.aidylewoh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I review for Zondervan, Thomas Nelson and Tyndale. I would like to get signed up with Bethany House and Multnomah too! Thanks dear! Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)
      Philippians 4:8

      Delete
  2. I've read this book. I found it a bit unbelievable that Richard and Violet would fall in love so quickly. I don't think it was the best book in the series, but I still enjoyed it. I LOVE this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, characters falling in love to quickly is such a book spoiler. I love this fairy tale and I liked the way I did it, but I do have another favorite from the series. The series *is* wonderful isn't it? Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)
      Philippians 4:8

      Delete
  3. Huh, this looks interesting! I might just have to read it! Good review! What is the name of the original fairy tale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Princess and The Pea, it's a favorite of mine :) It is a good series, by the way :) Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)
      Philippians 4:8

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)