Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Close To Famous

Close To Famous by Joan Bauer.

Close to FamousSummery: When Foster and her mother have to leave on account of her mother's ex boyfriend breaking their window and hitting her mother, they wind up almost driving off a cliff! They stopped right before it and got towed by some nice people who let them live in the trailer behind their own house, for now. Who knows how long they will stay. Foster never had to many friends, sadly. And she dreams of baking and not being called stupid. Definitely on both notes. This town just might help her reach those dreams and get some real friends.

Romance:A crush, memtion of dating, loving (past).

Language:None I can remember.

Violence:Abusive ex boyfriend (twice, a punch and clutch both leaving a bruise), yelling/arguments, threats, deaths from war.

Other:Dyslexia like symptoms causing Foster to be called stupid by peers and adults, mention of prison nearby and it's prisoners.

Time Period: Modern.

My Thoughts:Tingly feel good story. You root for Foster through the whole book, hoping she'll find what she is looking for. You want her to triumph and you love it when she does. Wonderful characters and it's an enjoyable book!

My Stars: 3.9
Sierra
Keep reading...

5 comments:

  1. this looks intereting! ;)

    Also, I know that you're a Hunger Games fan, and I just read an AMAZING book that you would probably like since you liked HG. It's called "Enclave" and I was seriously so engrossed in it and in love with the characters and story. I think you would enjoy it. :)


    PS. I'm having a giveaway at my blog.
    rachelkeiblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/its-giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enclave...I'll have to check it out :) Thanks for mentioning it to me! I entered, thanks for letting me know about that as well :) Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)
      Philippians 4:8

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting . . . I might have to read it! And girl, you read a LOT of books! More than me I think! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahhaa thanks :) I just might, books run my life *wink* Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Because You Are!)
      Philippians 4:8

      Delete
  3. Not only does this book sound cute but it looks adorable. =)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)