Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bewitching

Bewitching by Alex Flinn.
Read my reviews of other books by Alex Flinn.
Bewitching


Summery:So... wanna know where Kendra came from? You have to be just a little interested in finding out about her history? I mean somehow Kyle helped her get back to her family or so she told him. What are some of her other tales of spells she cast? Admit it, you want to know more about her story. You love her outfits and the way she talks. So this time she is helping? A girl named Emma is in a Cinderella like fix (evil stepsister) and she could use some magical help. Beastly was just one of her curses. And he certainly won't be her last :)

Romance:Liking someone, kissing, thinking/talking about someone, crushing, holding hands, flirting.
Inappropriate Romance: Warner & Lisette (evil stepsister) were making out and Lisette had only a tank top and underwear on.

Language:Ba---rd, H--l, P--s.

Violence:(I apparently didn't think to include this when I wrote the review, so bear with me as I won't remember everything)Yelling/arguments, mean words, death, injuries? Possibly more.

Other:Drinking, thinking of yourself as ugly, cancer/sickness, magic and witches.

Time Period: Modern, 1915, and a couple side stories from 1800s and 1700s.

My Thoughts:A great mix of Cinderella, Hansel and Gretel, The Little Mermaid and Princess and the Pauper (?). While the main story was Cinderella there were those woven in from the past. Right up there with Beastly in my eyes, lovely snarkiness and Kendra-ness :P And the way the author retells the fairy tales is just great *wink* I would recommend this book to girls who love fairy tales, ages 13/14+


My Stars:3.9
Sierra
Keep reading!

3 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this one - a great deal more than I thought. One of these days, I will get to Flinn's others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beastly was the best of her others...the two following it didn't hold a candle to Beastly or Bewitched. Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful!

      Delete
    2. Oops, meant BewitchING :P
      Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful!

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)