Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Girl In The Steel Corset

The Girl In The Steel Corset by Kady Cross.
The Steampunk Chronicles book one.

The Girl in the Steel Corset (Harlequin Teen)Summery: Finley Jayne is a split personality. Her darker side, incredibly strong and quick to anger and "helped" her lose her job. After she almost killed the employer's son. Long story. Then she is nearly run over by a rich boy. He takes her to his home and she learns that he is Griffin King a  rich duke...and he's after the Machinist, the mastermind behind several robberies committed by automatons. Griffin knows it Finley can combine her personalities she will be able to help him and his group take down the Machinist. And be a valuable asset. But her past holds several secrets, intertwined with his own past. And there is more than a little spark between them.

Romance: Two-three kisses, liking someone, admiring someone, thinking/talking about someone, flirting, jealousy.

Language: 3.5

Violence:Shooting, injuries (severe and non-severe), death, murder (past), chasing a villain, destroying automatons/robots, battles/fights, sparring too, yelling/arguments, threats.

Other: Using aether to talk to his parents and other dead  (seances type, mentioned others using it for such),  drinking (brief one or two scenes), bringing automatons to life.

Time Period:1897

My Thoughts: I am really excited how more and more steampunk books are popping up! And this one was a really great one. One of my favorites! This series and The Iron Codex series are my favorites from steampunk so far. This one did have a bit of language (and violence,  for some, but it didn't really bother me) but was otherwise pretty clean. I loved the setting and the characters and the plot was just great!It certainly kept me up late reading! I would recommend this book to teens plus, I think some guys would enjoy it...but it's mostly a girl book.

My Stars:5
Sierra
Keep reading!

7 comments:

  1. I reallllly want to read this book! Is this the first book in the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is and it was great! Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Hm... this one sounds like it has potential. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it sure did :) I hope you get to check it out at some point! Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful!

      Delete
    2. Perhaps I'll get a copy next Amazon shopping spree. ;-D

      Delete
    3. I hope you do, I really enjoyed it. And I'm enjoying the second book too :) Sierra
      Keep Growing Beautiful!

      Delete
    4. You've convinced me - I'm going on Amazon now to check it out and will add it to my "to buy" list. ;-)

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)