Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Library Wars Volume 2

Library Wars Volume 2 by Kiiro Yumi.
Book two in the Love & War:Library Wars manga series.
Read my review of the first book.

Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2Summery: Iku Kasahara is learning. Her mistakes still can end up in a fight with Instructor Dojo, but she's still learning! And lately she has been seeing a gentler side of Instructor Dojo, which surprises her... but doesn't mean she argues with him any less. Meanwhile Iku's friend, Hasoko Shibazuki is suspicious of the acting director who is leading the Kanto Library base while Commander Inamine is sick. She thinks he may have something to do with missing books that are steadily disappearing. Could he be turning them over to the MBC? (Media Betterment Comittee) She soon enlists Iku help in tracking down answers.

Romance: Flirting, asking someone out, touching, maybe liking someone.

Language:Barely 3.

Violence:Shooting, yelling/arguments, flicks, slaps, injuries, several mentions of a murderer.

Other:Mention of Instructor Dojo drinking a lot once, a scene is shown in the girls bathroom while they're bathing in a pool (just the girls) and several forms are shown, lying.

My Thoughts:As I read the first two books I was getting used to reading from right to left which was a bit of an adjustment! I was also getting used to the characters and such. The plot was still developing and I really liked it even then. Now that I have read all the published ones (in the US at least, the eighth comes out in September, reviews of the others coming soon) and fallen in love with this series I can't imagine not liking the series. I'm sure that you will enjoy them and get pulled in as well. I would recommend this series to girls, some guys would enjoy I think, YA+...as there is some language.

My Stars:3.9/4
Sierra
Keep reading!

1 comment:

  1. O.M.G. i loooooooooooove library wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so excited that you're reading manga!!! (it took me a while to get used to reading right to left when i first started, too!) IT'S SUCH A GOOD SERIES. seriously, just keep reading the books. I *think* volume 7 is out already, but I have to check. I love this series a lot!! And i'm kind of in love with Dojo X3 The manga-ka does an AMAZING job developing the characters and their relationships, and her artwork is devine. Rarely have i read a manga that had such a good plot and well-thought out characters that wasn't a CLAMP story or FMA. I'm so glad you're into it!! XD Let me know what you think of the rest of the books, or any other manga you'll read in the future!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)