Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Shatter Me

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Summary: Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Romance:Making out (a bit descriptive), kissing, touching, liking/love someone, thinking & talking about someone, attraction, flirting. There was one/two scene(s) where Adam and Juliette talk in the shower (while it is running) so they will not be overheard and at one of those times I believe that they kiss.
Language:5 (It didn't seem like there was that much, although there was one character towards the end who cussed more)
Violence:Causing pain (draining life), shooting, murder, death, torturing someone, hitting someone, wanting to hurt someone, injuries, threats, brief fights, yelling/arguments.
Other:Special powers (killing touch, physchokinesis, camouflage  energy like man), deadly environment, starvation, someone being so unloved that the yearn for love and touch (*tear*), lying/hiding something.
Time Period:Future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My thoughts:At the beginning of this book I just knew, from the way I fell right into the characters shoes and world and from the way I just loved the writing, that I was going to like it. And I really did. I had seen this book before, but the lovely cover for the second book was what led me to request it from my library and read it. I'm really glad I did. The author has created a wonderful world that I want to go out and explore. Even if it is a bit dangerous. She also had an interesting style of writing, you really felt like it was that character, like it was her real thoughts with all the crossing out and such. It was pretty cool! Basically it was a really enjoyable and exciting book and I have already recommended it to a friend. However with the language and a few other things (it wasn't perfect) I would say YA only please.
My favorite character:Was either Adam or Juliette because they were both really strong and well written. And well you just really fall in love with them :D
My stars:4.5
Love, Sierra

3 comments:

  1. This sounds intriguing. May have to add it to my mental list of "someday" reads. For some reason, that keeps growing. Thanks for reviewing it, Sierra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U should read delirium! It's really good!

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)