Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Soul's Gate

Soul's Gate by James L. Rubart.

Summary: What if you could travel inside another person’s soul? To battle for them. To be part of Jesus healing their deepest wounds. To help set them free to step boldly into their divinely designed future.
Thirty years ago that’s exactly what Reece Roth did. Until tragedy shattered his life and ripped away his future.    Now God has drawn Reece out of the shadows to fulfill a prophecy spoken over him three decades ago. A prophecy about four warriors with the potential to change the world . . . if Reece will face his deepest regret and teach them what he has learned.    They gather at a secluded and mysterious ranch deep in the mountains of Colorado, where they will learn to see the spiritual world around them with stunning clarity—and how to step into the supernatural.    Their training is only the beginning. The four have a destiny to pursue a freedom even Reece doesn’t fully fathom. But they have an enemy hell-bent on destroying them and he’ll stop at nothing to keep them from their quest for true freedom and the coming battle of souls.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Romance: Mention of a past relationship between Brandon and Dana and they still have some feeling toward each other that are expressed to themselves. Marcus is married and so was Reece.
Language:1 (suck and a demon uses h*ll in a cuss word like way)
Violence: Spiritual battles, some sword fights kinda, injuries, threats, death, almost a killing car accident, yelling/arguments.
Other: They drink some champagne to celebrate (I do realize that some Christians do this on occasion and it isn't necessarily "evil", I just wanted to make sure to mention everything), demons (again some Christians have no problem with demons being in Christian books while others do), manipulation, entering someone's soul, past cruelty of a step-mom mentioned a couple times, Marcus being absent from his children's lives because of work was also mentioned.
Time period:Modern.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Thoughts:This is a truly thought evoking and astounding book. It really makes you think about the things that we simply read in the Bible without really thinking or believing them. It really inspires you in the way you pray. At first I was a little cautious as this book seemed a little strange, but by the end I was encouraged and uplifted...a lot. This is a book to read and I would recommend without hesitation. I've already suggested it to my mother. She is one of the people who doesn't like demons being in Christian books so much, but I really think she will enjoy this one. Over and over it is said that the darkness has no power of the light. The devil's power is nothing compared to that of God. I would recommend to YA+ men and women (guys and gals) It's a book you won't forget.
My favorite character:I liked Reece...because he was himself. And also Dana, she just seemed real and it felt like I could really relate to her.
My Stars:4.5
Love, Sierra
I review for BookSneeze®

I was given a copy of this book free from the publisher and the views I expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)