Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

The Kill Order

The Kill Order by James Dashner.
Prequel to The Maze Runner series.

Summary: The prequel to the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series. Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares hit the earth and mankind fell to disease. Mark and Trina were there when it happened, and they survived. But surviving the sun flares was easy compared to what came next. Now a disease of rage and lunacy races across the eastern United States, and there’s something suspicious about its origin. Worse yet, it’s mutating, and all evidence suggests that it will bring humanity to its knees. Mark and Trina are convinced there’s a way to save those left living from descending into madness. And they’re determined to find it—if they can stay alive. Because in this new, devastated world, every life has a price. And to some, you’re worth more dead than alive. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Romance:Kisses, hugging and/or touching, liking/loving someone, thinking and/or talking about someone, Mark and Trina cuddle together one night and Trina falls asleep on him although he doesn't and they get up (for something, no spoilers here *zips lips*) shortly afterwards.
Language:4
Violence:Fights, killing, a rage which makes Mark go a  little crazy and sadistic, injuries, threats, hitting and/or wanting to hit someone, beating a woman to almost death, almost being sacrificed to false gods, yelling/arguments.
Other:Spreading a virus on purpose, stealing, weather problems (dangerous), lying, insane-ness.
Time Period:Future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Thoughts: Well I had certainly been looking forward to this book. And in some ways it did not disappoint. It had non-stop action and was a lot like The Maze Runner series is a lot of ways. I think in some ways it was a bit different, as it was in the past for the previous series and it lacked some of the hope The Maze Runner series had near the end, as this was the beginning of what made their world so hopeless. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it had a  a sad but sweet ending and for some people it might be too dark and/or depressing. For me it was a bit sad and such, but I still liked it. I really liked the characters for The Kill Order. Maybe not as much as the ones from TMR because I knew the others better, but they were still characters you enjoyed. I would like to note that on the Language rating, there were a good bunch of s*cks and cr*ps (which I counted) so keep that in mind, as you may or may not consider those to be cuss words. There were some other cuss words in the book though. Overall, I thought it was a bit depressing, but I really enjoyed learning more about the world of Thomas and Teresa...and how it came to be the world that they now/then know. Those who enjoy Dystopian fiction will like this book and TMR books a lot. I would recommend this book to guys and gals about 13+ 
My favorite Character: This is something new that I'm going to be adding to my reviews, for The Kill Order my favorite character was either Mark or Alec who was an ex-army guy who had teamed up with mark and Trina and some others when the sun flares hit. 
My Stars:4
Love, Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)