Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

False Memory

False Memory by Dan Krokos.
False Memory (False Memory, #1)Summary:Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn’t at all surprised by Miranda’s shocking ability.

Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn’t easy—especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can’t remember loving.

Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn’t seem to matter... when there may not be a future.

Dan Krokos’ debut is a tour-de-force of non-stop action that will leave readers begging for the next book in this bold and powerful new series. (from Goodreads)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Romance:A couple kisses, hugging, touching, liking/loving someone, thinking & tlaking about someone, flirting.
Inappropriate romance:A past, brief scene of Noah wanting to go farther with Miranda & they're in bed together. She remembers not having any (or barely any) clothes on.
Language:4.5
Violence:Shooting, threats, a fire, injuries, fighting, sparring, death and killing, hitting someone, yelling/arguments.
Other:Cloning, lying and hiding something, ( in the past) drinking briefly mentioned, mind control, messing around with brain and DNA etc. evil scientist stuff.
Time period:Modern.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
My thoughts:I was drawn in by the cool cover and the exciting book description. But this is a really good book! It has a mystery, lots of fast past scenes and doesn't fail to keep you reading. It was well written and I really felt like the author was able to connect the reader with the characters very quickly. Other than the language I didn't really find anything that I disliked about the book. Being the nerd that I am I enjoyed hearing all of cloning, superhero like powers and cool weapons and gadgets. This for YA readers, guys and girls. I simply cannot wait to get my hands on the second book which comes out next August. :( So long! Miranda, I must say, reminded me a little of Tris of Divergent...not sure why really. But I would definitely suggest this book if you enjoy an adventure and science fiction.
My favorite character:Would be Peter. He's the leader of the four and kinda is an outcast because he has to be responsible and can't goof off like the others. Plus he secretly loves Miranda, even though she is with Noah. He's just a really nice, sweet guy :D 
My stars:4
Love, Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)