Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ten

Ten by Gretchen McNeil.
Ten Summary:SHHHH!
Don't spread the word!
Three-day weekend. House party.
White Rock House on Henry Island.
You do NOT want to miss it.


It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine? (taken from Goodreads)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Romance: A kiss or two, implication of characters making out, liking, thinking & talking about someone, flirting.
Inappropriate Romance: Two of the characters are implied to have been sleeping together, in the past Meg was led to believe that T.J. slept with Minnie. A couple of crude jokes regarding s-x or body parts.
Language:5+
Violence:Murders, injuries, gruesome body descriptions, threats, suicide, shooting, a fire, yelling/arguments.
Other:Stealing, lying, being mentally unstable, vandalism, a bit of underage drinking, possibly a few other things.
Time period:Modern.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My thoughts: This book has a good deal of things that make me not so much a fan. There was a good deal of violence, but it really wasn't that bad. It was a really good thriller, mystery and plot and excitement wise. And it didn't get scary/creepy until about half way through. So excitement and plot wise, it was really good and well written. Very exciting. However it was a violent book and there was a lot of bad language and "stuff" as seen above. So I'm not sure if I would really recommend it to any of my friends. Now if you have no problem with that stuff and enjoy suspense, thrillers and getting scared (Why yes, I did read it at night and had a bit of trouble getting to sleep, what of it?) then go ahead and enjoy! I personally prefer Christian Suspense (Ted Dekker!) but this one really sounded interesting. And it was. I just wish it had been cleaner. I wouldn't really know who and how to recommend it to, but I guess guys and girls who are older teens. Like 16+ Cause it is scary etc.
My favorite character:I don't know. Probably Minnie (sorry, I meant Meg), as pretty much all the characters were kinda messed up :/
My stars:2.5
Love, Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)