Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

The Invaders

The Invaders by John Flanagan.
The second book in the Brotherband Chronicles.
The Invaders (Brotherband Chronicles, #2)Summary:Hal and the Herons have done the impossible. This group of outsiders has beaten out the strongest, most skilled young warriors in all of Skandia to win the Brotherband competition. But their celebration comes to an abrupt end when the Skandians' most sacred artifact, the Andomal, is stolen--and the Herons are to blame.

To find redemption they must track down the thief Zavac and recover the Andomal. But that means traversing stormy seas, surviving a bitter winter, and battling a group of deadly pirates willing to protect their prize at all costs. Even Brotherband training and the help of Skandia's greatest warrior may not be enough to ensure that Hal and his friends return home with the Andomal--or their lives. (from Goodreads)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Romance:Liking someone, thinking & talking about someone, flirting (not much).
Language:1
Violence:Attacks, fights, killing, fires, injuries, shooting (arrows and darts), sparing, yelling/arguing.
Other:Piracy and stealing, lying.
Time period:Another world.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
My thoughts:John Flanagan is a really good author. And his battle scenes they are so...real and strategic! I enjoy reading these books because of the characters that are so strong and real that you relate to them so quickly. The adventures are exciting and the plot is surprising and familiar at the same time. I really enjoyed this book and it is definitely one I want my brother to read when he gets a little older. (Mom says not quite yet, sigh) In fact I'll probably get my sisters to read it as well :) I would recommend this book and series to boys and girls tween aged plus. This series and the Rangers Apprentice series are both ones that I really love and I think are great books.
My favorite character:I liked Thorn because I can see a bit of Halt in him and he is pretty funny, but also complex and mysterious. Like he has layers. Also Hal, Stig, Lydia and Ingvar are all great characters :)
My stars:4.5
Love, Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)