Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

An Honest Love

An Honest Love by Kathleen Fuller.
The second book in the Hearts of Middlefield series.
An Honest Love (Hearts of Middlefield, #2)Book Description:Anna must find the courage to tell Lukas the truth. Will he find the courage to forgive her?

Anna was once betrayed by someone she loved deeply. In an attempt to never be hurt again, she and her mother relocated to Middlefield, Ohio. It was the ideal place for Anna's broken heart to mend. In Middlefield, Anna withdrew from risk, placing all her attention on managing the new gift shop she and her mom bought.


When Lukas introuces himself, Anna can't resist her attraction to him. Though she finds herself falling in love, she's hiding a piece of her past in fear that their future will be destroyed if she tells him the truth.


But love can't be built on lies and the past comes rushing back to Anna in an irreversible way. Now Lukas must decide how he will react to Anna's betrayal. As they cling to their belief in an honest love, they realize it's a path they must walk together even as it leads to unexpected places. (taken from Goodreads)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Romance:Admiring, kisses, touching & hugging, thinking & talking about,  flirting, liking/loving someone. Inappropriate romance:Pregnancy before marriage, being left at the altar.
Language:None.
Violence:Pain caused by a sickness, injuries, yelling/arguments.
Other:Drinking, drugs, smoking, lying, betrayal, jail.
Time period:Modern.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My thoughts: Kathleen Fuller writes great Amish books! Note that I've only read two or so other Amish series besides hers, but so far she has been my favorite. I especially like these because it is usually a family and you move through the family or children. It's really nice :D This book also was very enjoyable and I really liked the characters. Anyhow, I really liked this book and would recommend it to YA+ girls. It is pretty much squeaky clean, but it is a adult romance.
Cover thoughts: I like it...It's not a favorite but it is a very pretty cover, I love the sunset in the back :)
My favorite character:Well I read this book a while ago and cannot remember exactly who was my favorite...I have a feeling it might have been Lukas though.

My stars:4
Love, Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)