Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lonestar Homecoming

Lonestar Homecoming by Colleen Coble.
Third book in the Lonestar series.
Lonestar Homecoming (Lonestar Series, #3)Book description:For most, it's the safest place on earth. For Gracie, it's the last place she wants to be...and the one place she must return.

With nothing but five dollars and the wedding dress she's wearing, Gracie Lister flees with her daughter by train to West Texas, to the town she ran away from so long ago. There they find refuge in the home of Michael Wayne--devoted single father, seasoned soldier--who gives Gracie a job caring for his two children and the hiding place she needs from her former fiance.

Michael and Gracie aren't looking for love, but it finds them right away. And then trouble comes to call in the form of Gracie's ex-fiance who is now on the FBI's most-wanted list. Together, Michael and Gracie must find the strength they need to protect their newly forged family. (taken from Goodreads)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Romance:Kisses, attraction, touching, talking & thinking about someone, liking/loving someone. Illegitimate child and premarital sex, mention of states of undress, a scene of a married couple in bed.
Language:0
Violence:Shooting, killing, mention of what drug gangs did to some people (a bit gruesome, mentioned twice), attempted and successful murder, getting bucked, injuries, threats, yelling/arguments.
Other:Divorce, drugs, wanting to miscarry.
Time period:Modern.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My thoughts:Another wonderful book from Colleen Coble and another great addition to the Lonestar series! I have to admit that I have been seeing a pattern in this series that I'm not sure I precisely like. The girl comes into town, something happens that requires them to get married in name and then they end up falling in love. I'm not saying that I dislike it, because Ms.Coble writes a great romance, I just don't like the predictability. I do know that the next and fourth book in this series is about a divorced couple that falls back in love, which makes me happy because it's different :) And while that part of the plot is the same, the rest of it differs with each book. I hope it isn't the last book in this series because it really is a great series. This book was exciting and quite enjoyable as I LOVE westerns.I would recommend it to a friend and to YOU! Colleen Coble is one of my favorite-est authors out there. I would recommend this to YA+ girls.
My favorite Character:I really liked Gracie as she was a really strong character. And Michael was good too...he just wasn't as much of a cowboy as I would have liked I suppose. :P
Cover thoughts:The cover is just so beautifully western. :) With cowboys and horses, what else is there to ask for? I really like the blend of sky and land....it just looks so natural!
Stars:4
Love, Sierra

1 comment:

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)