Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Looking Forward To:Princess Of The Silver Woods

Princess Of The Silver Woods by Jessica day George is the third book in a sort of series.  The first book, Princess Of The Midnight Ball was a retelling of the 12 dancing princesses. It was set on one of the 12 princesses. The next book, Princess Of The Midnight Ball, was set on a different sister in a retelling of Cinderella. Both were great, romantic retellings that I really enjoyed :) And I'm really looking forward to this one. It's Red Riding Hood and sounds very interesting...
Princess of the Silver Woods (Princess, #3) When Petunia, the youngest of King Gregor's twelve dancing daughters, is invited to visit an elderly friend in the neighboring country of Westfalin, she welcomes the change of scenery. But in order to reach Westfalin, Petunia must pass through a forest where strange two-legged wolves are rumored to exist. Wolves intent on redistributing the wealth of the noble citizens who have entered their territory. But the bandit-wolves prove more rakishly handsome than truly dangerous, and it's not until Petunia reaches her destination that she realizes the kindly grandmother she has been summoned to visit is really an enemy bent on restoring an age-old curse. The stories of Red Riding Hood and Robin Hood get a twist as Petunia and her many sisters take on bandits, grannies, and the new King Under Stone to end their family curse once and for all.
(taken from goodreads)
 Not only is the cover gorgeous, but it sounds like a wonderful mix of fairy tale and legend :) I'm hoping for a wonderful plot and great characters... And adventure among a wonderful retelling, as her other books have been :) This book came out the 11th and I already have a hold on this book at my library and I'm waiting for it to get sent to my branch :D This series has been one of my favorites and I hope that this one will live up to the others!
Love, Sierra

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting... Hey, since you run a book review blog can you give me a short list of YA fiction books? I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)