Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Looking Forward To:The Friday Society

The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress is on my TBR list for several reasons. for starters, I read her tween books as a tween and really enjoyed them. She is a talented writer. Secondly, it's steampunk. There are more and more steampunk books popping up which makes me really happy! And this one looks like a really fun read :) Also I adore the cover, It is totally steampunk and makes me want to look over it for a long time, there are a lot of things you don't notice at first, I only just noticed the gears at the bottom that look so cool :)
The Friday Society
Set in turn of the century London, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man.
It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder–and the crimes they believe may be connected to it–without calling too much attention to themselves. Set in the past but with a modern irreverent flare, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike–well, relatively ladylike–heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.



I'm really hoping that I will like this book, I'm expecting a good plot and likable characters. I hope it will deliver. I've read a couple reviews, most have been positive so for now I'll just be waiting for it to come out (December 6th), then waiting for my library to get it (I already have a hold on it :D) and then I'll reading it and hopefully be enjoying a wonderful steampunk world! 
Love, Sierra


1 comment:

  1. I almost added this one to a book post but didn't know if I thought it sounded good enough - now I am HAPPY to read that you've liked this author. I'll have to check into this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)