Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Mini Review-A Christmas Carol

A Christmas Carol Book Description:Cruel miser Ebeneezer Scrooge has never met a shilling he doesn’t like...and hardly a man he does. And he hates Christmas most of all. When Scrooge is visited by his old partner, Jacob Marley, and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Christmas Present, and Christmas Yet to Come, he learns eternal lessons of charity, kindness, and goodwill. (taken from Goodreads)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My Thoughts:I haven't read or wanted to read any of Dicken's books before because I thought that they were all depressing and that I wouldn't like them. However I was really happy that I finally read one.This book is probably the lightest of Dicken's books, but it has a wonderful message! It is also pretty easy to read and I think it is a good book to start out with when reading Dickens. I'm sorta guessing, as I haven't read any of Dicken's other books yet. But it's the one I have started out with and I'm happy with it. It was a good tale of the true meaning Christmas and being kind to the poor. Character wise I liked Scrooge and seeing how he progressed as a character, growing in kindness. And I really liked Scrooge's nephew Fred, he just seemed really jolly :)
Cover Thoughts:I read the book with a different cover and didn't really like it. This one, however, I like because it's very nice :D And pretty.
My stars:3
Love, Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)