Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Hunters

The Hunters by John Flanagan.
Book three in the Brotherband Chronicles.
The Hunters (Brotherband Chronicles #3)Summary:Hal and his brotherband crew are hot on the trail of the pirate Zavac and they have one thing only on their minds: Stopping the bloodthirsty thief before he can do more damage. Of course, they also know Zavac has the Andomal, the priceless Skandian artifact stolen when the brotherband let down their guard. The chase leads down mighty rivers, terrifying rapids, to the lawless fortress of Ragusa. If Hal is to succeed, he will need to go beyond his brotherband training. He will need to challenge the pirate one-on-one, knowing only one of them will survive. (taken from goodreads)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Romance:Maybe liking and/or admiring someone.
Language:1
Violence:Shooting (bow and arrows), injuries, threats, murder, capturing someone, unjust ruling that would result in innocent death, fights, sparring, brief torture mentioned, wanting to harm someone, yelling/arguments.
Other:Bribery, lying and/or hiding something, drinking (ale and such, brief), stealing and piracy.
Time period:Another world, medieval.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
My thoughts:Each one of John Flanagan's books are full of wonderfully thought out plots that are detailed. complex and simple at the same time. The ways the battles and strategies play out in this book and his others fascinate and blow my mind. I enjoy the writing in these books because they are great. A really great author has written another great book! I loved the adventure and it felt like coming home some how...I read it and I'm instantly comfortable, enjoying the book totally.  I would recommend to guys and girls 12-13+ or so. I know that this is a series that I want my brother and sisters to read when they get to the right age.
Cover thoughts:Exciting and reminds me of all the other books :)
My favorite character:Hal is a smart, a good leader and quite likeable. Thorn has some of Halt in him, I think, but he is still different and could never replace Halt...EVER. Ingvar was a sweet, loyal teddy bear who will cause harm to those who harm his friends. Stig is reliable and funny. All the characters were wonderful, but those were my favorites.
My stars:4
Love, Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)