Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Lost Prince

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa.
Call of The Forgotten book 1, The Iron Fey book 5.
 Read my reviews of The Iron Fey.
The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)Summary:Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

This novel is one of Julie’s books that will have you demanding for the second one as soon as you finish your read. (from Goodreads)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Romance:Liking/loving someone, thinking & talking about someone, a couple kisses, attraction, flirting.
Language:5+ (sadness)
Violence:Threats, injuries, battles, a fire mentioned, bullying, torture in the form of an iron cage I think, death, yelling/arguments.
Other:Fey, fey creatures (goblins, piskies, cait sith), lying/hiding something, cancer, magic/glamour, stealing or glamour that results in loss of life or fey-ness, a sorta crude joke.
Time period:Modern.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My thoughts:I was expecting a lot from this book. Let's just put that out there. I had been waiting on it and was really looking forward to reading it. So I think that it lived up to what I expected. I didn't like Ethan as much as I thought I would, he had his moments and was mysterious, broody and I think I have a crush on the cover picture...but I didn't like him all so much as Ash or Puck. In some ways he was bitter and there was a bit of cussing from him. I mean I like broody, but there is something as too much broody. But I still liked him. It is a ton of new stuff! So, so, so exciting! I cannot wait for the next book! The plot and adventures are getting better and better :D I would recommend this book to teen girls because lets face it...fey adventures, cute guys, romance while dodging creatures that want to eat you...it's perfect :P
Cover thoughts: I loved it. as mentioned above, I'm crushing on it. Although the whole leaves melding into the skin doesn't exactly fit in with the story...only kinda when you think of Kierran after you have finished reading.
My favorite character: Kenzie was a great new character that I loved! She was really spunky, energetic and strong. Grimalkin, Puck and Ash as always were my favorites even the later two only had very small parts :(  I liked Ethan and Kierran alright but...they weren't the originals.... (i.e. Ash and Puck)
My stars:4
Love, Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)