Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

With Every Letter

With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin.
The first book in the Wings Of The Nightingale.
With Every LetterBook description:Lt. Mellie Blake is a nurse serving in the 802nd Medical Squadron, Air Evacuation, Transport. As part of a morale building program, she reluctantly enters into an anonymous correspondence with Lt. Tom MacGilliver, an officer in the 908th Engineer Aviation Battalion in North Africa. As their letters crisscross the Atlantic, Tom and Mellie develop a unique friendship despite not knowing the other's true identity. When both are transferred to Algeria, the two are poised to meet face to face for the first time. Will they overcome their fears and reveal who they are, or will their future be held hostage to their past? And can they learn to trust God and embrace the gift of love he offers them?

Combining excellent research and attention to detail with a flair for romance, Sarah Sundin brings to life the perilous challenges of WWII aviation, nursing, and true love. (taken from Amazon)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Romance:Kissing, touching & holding, attraction, liking and loving someone, thinking and talking about someone, flirting, dating, an affair.
Language:0
Violence:Shooting, death and killing, lots of injuries, war, murderer mentioned, somewhat bullying and a small fight? yelling/arguing.
Other:Lies, trickery, brief mention of drunk and abusive husband & father, Mellie's mom partying and getting killed in an accident.
Time period:1945-1946 (I think) Set during World War 2.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My thoughts:Wow. I loved it. This has to be my favorite book from Sarah Sundin!! It was one of the most sweet and lovely love stories ever! I couldn't put it down and I was up until 4:00 to finish it! I really enjoyed it and I would recommend it to several people I know. Because it was great. Ms.Sundin really knows how to write great books!! I enjoy all of her book's, this one was the one I have enjoyed the most though. The plot was really good and there were several surprises, even if the plot was a bit obvious. Which wasn't a bad thing. I liked pretty much everything, the only issue would be that I found Mellie a little (see below) legalistic and such. I loved all of it. I would recommend to girls YA+
My favorite character:I liked Sesame, the dog. For some reason I imagined a little honey-brown Snowy type dog (Tintin) :P And Tom was a character I really liked who seemed to grow a lot in front of us. I really liked that.  Mellie was nice too...she just a little uptight and rule bound at some times.
Cover thoughts:I liked it. You don't get the bridge thing until after you've read the book. I didn't even realize it was a bridge until after I read it :P
My stars:5
Love, Sierra

1 comment:

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)