Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Unique 'To Be Read'

(because I was a bit behind, this post happened)
Nobody
There are people in this world who are Nobody. No one sees them. No one notices them. They live their lives under the radar, forgotten as soon as you turn away.
That’s why they make the perfect assassins.
The Institute finds these people when they’re young and takes them away for training. But an untrained Nobody is a threat to their organization. And threats must be eliminated.
Sixteen-year-old Claire has been invisible her whole life, missed by the Institute’s monitoring. But now they’ve ID’ed her and send seventeen-year-old Nix to remove her. Yet the moment he lays eyes on her, he can’t make the hit. It’s as if Claire and Nix are the only people in the world for each other. And they are—because no one else ever notices them. (taken from Goodreads)


 This book was released yesterday, January 22. As you see from the description, it looks pretty exciting. I was interested in this book after reading the description, but have since read one to three reviews that haven't exactly loved it. They haven't hated it really, just said it was "okay". So I'll see. I have a hold on it at my library  and I hope that it'll turn out to be a little better than "okay" for me. I really love this cover. The whole idea seems really mysterious and spy-like and I think the cover... well...covers the whole spy/assassin/mysterious thing. Definitely a cool cover :)

 ~ ~ ~ ~

Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.
SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.
LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.
In this second book in the Incarnate trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. Once again, Jodi Meadows explores the extraordinary beauty and shadowed depths of the soul in a story equal parts epic romance and captivating fantasy. (taken from Goodreads)


After reading the first book, Incarnate, I was really super excited about the sequel! It sounds soooo good!! I cannot wait to get this book. My library is being nice and has this already on order (or preorder) so I already have a hold on it! And I'm #1 too! This book will be released the  29th of January and I really can't wait! Also, I'm totally in love with this cover :) :) And I'll try to post Incarnate's review before I start to read this one ^^ that way it'll get done soon *crosses fingers*

~ ~ ~ ~

Broken Wings (Angel Eyes, #2)Giant angels with metal wings and visible song. A blind demon restored from the pit of darkness. And a girl who has never felt more broken. Brielle sees the world as it really is: a place where the Celestial exists side by side with human reality. But in the aftermath of a supernatural showdown, her life begins to crumble. Her boyfriend, Jake, is keeping something from her—something important. Her overprotective father has started drinking again. He’s dating a much younger woman who makes Brielle’s skin crawl, and he’s downright hostile toward Jake. Haunting nightmares keep Brielle from sleeping, and flashes of Celestial vision keep her off kilter. What she doesn’t know is that she’s been targeted. The Prince of Darkness himself has heard of the boy with healing in his hands and of the girl who sees through the Terrestrial Veil. When he plucks the blind demon, Damien, from the fiery chasm and sends him back to Earth with new eyes, the stage is set for a cataclysmic battle of good versus evil. Then Brielle unearths the truth about her mother’s death and she must question everything she ever thought was true. Brielle has no choice. She knows evil forces are converging and will soon rain their terror down upon the town of Stratus. She must master the weapons she’s been given. She must fight. But can she fly with broken wings? (taken from Goodreads)

So super excited for this one too. I hope it can be pulled off...the whole sequel thing can sometimes fall through. I am really excited for this one because I loved the first book, Angel Eyes, which is now one of  my favorite christian ya books! It was amazing and I really liked the characters :) This book releases February 19. It looks like it will be great :) Although I'm not crazy about the cover *shrugs* I'm planning to get this one from Booksneeze.

Love, Sierra
P.S. I just realized that I hadn't mentioned this (I'll keep mentioning it, too), but Britt did an amazing job redesigning this blog!!!! Dontcha think? It looks great *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)