Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Library Wars Vol.3-8

Library Wars: Love & War 3 (Library Wars: Love & War, #3)Vol. 3 by Kiiro Yumi.
Book description:In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!
Iku is witness to a disturbance during a Board of Education speech on protecting children from the danger of books. The perpetrators are two young boys protesting the banning of their favorite books. But while Iku wants to reach out to the next generation of book lovers, Dojo insists that they can't play favorites. Will Dojo's prickly insistence on sticking to the rules ruin their budding friendship? (taken from Goodreads)

Objectionable:Language (2), kidnapping & some injuries, and flirting.
Thoughts:I'm really coming to love this series.They're funny and make me seriously laugh out loud sometimes. They're exciting, interesting and really good manga that is well drawn. They really appeal to me because of the whole library thing and the right to read books :)  I would recommend to teen (14-15+) girls.
Characters:Iku is spunky, slightly awkward and such a great character.
Stars:4

~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~  

Library Wars: Love & War 4 (Library Wars: Love & War, #4)Vol.4 by Kiiro Yumi.
Book description: (In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!) Iku and Commander Inamine are abducted by Bakushu-kai terrorists, who demand sensitive material from the library's protected collection in return for the hostages! Dojo is worried about Iku, his problem student with limited field experience. But what Iku lacks in training she more than makes up for in gumption, and she is not going to let library material go without a fight! (taken from Goodreads)
Objectionable:Some drinking, language (2), shooting & kidnapping, liking someone.
Thoughts:This has to be one of my favorites as it is really exciting, has several funny parts and Dojo is really worried and sweet :) Usually in the volume the "cliffhanger" from the end of the last volume will be tied up and a new one created. It flows very nicely. I got this one right after the third because I just had to find out what happened :) I enjoyed it and would definitely want to recommend it! I would recommend to teen girls (14-15+)
Characters:Komaki is unexplainable. He's so many things. He's funny, a great friend, sweet and one of my favorite characters :)
Stars:4
~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ 

Library Wars: Love & War 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5)Vol.5 by Kiiro Yumi.
Book description:(In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!)
Iku is about to face her most difficult challenge--her parents are coming to visit the library where she works! When she joined the Library Forces, she told her parents that she was just going to be a librarian Now they might discover that she's on the ultra-dangerous Task Force. Can her parents ever accept that she's a library warrior?(taken from Goodreads)

Objectionable:Language (1), brief drinking, flirting, attempted attack and torture, and someone having a disability.
Thoughts:I love the plot in this one, but not as much as I love the characters. Immediately after I finish the last volume I want the next one. Whenever I do get it I'll read a chapter or so. Then I'll wait. I have to ration it out so I don't devour it :) I have gotten so attached to the characters that I just want more & more & more! I would recommend to teen girls who like action with a hint of romance.
Characters:Komaki has a friend that is introduced in this volume that is soooo sweet! I really like her, but Dojo or Komaki are still my favorites.
Stars:4
~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~

Library Wars: Love & War 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)Vol.6 by Kiiro Yumi.
Book description:(In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!) It's Valentine's Day, and Iku's hopes are dashed when Dojo, the guy she's been crushing on--and who's her Library Force superior!--receives an elegant box of chocolates from another woman. Romantic intrigue strikes the whole team as Shibazaki meets a would-be suitor and confides in Iku about her tortured love life. And it seems that Hikaru is being followed by someone from his past... (taken from Goodreads)
Objectionable:Language (2), (a hot springs type thing >>) Iku runs into the guy's because of an emergency, brief drinking, liking someone, shooting & an attack.
Thoughts:I truly enjoy the funny, loveable, dear characters and plot that develops as I read. Next one please :) Another thing that I like is the whole book thing. You really get to see a very interesting future where books are battled for and protected. And I happen to like books a lot. So this is like the most perfect manga for me ever. I would recommend to other teen, book loving girls who also love some action and romance.
Characters:Dojo...have I mentioned I love him? He's like a really cute, strong, and protective big brother. And he's short :)
Stars:4
~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~

Library Wars: Love & War 7 (Library Wars: Love & War, #7)Vol.7 by Kiiro Yumi.
Book description:(In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!)
Hikaru's big brother is working for the enemy, and he wants to reunite with Hikaru. Meanwhile, someone is posting negative reviews on the library's website, and Kasahara intends to find out who. Later, personal issues are set aside when the Library Forces find out about a book burning on their ho
me turf! (taken from Goodreads)
Objectionable:Language (2), brief drinking, liking someone, burning of books, and yelling&arguments.
Thoughts:This one just about killed me. I waiting to get it until I couldn't stand it. Because I knew that the eighth one didn't come out for another 4-5 months. I died waiting to find out what would happen. I died waiting to be reunited with my characters. I really do love them so much :) Other than that it is terribly evil as it is wonderful I wouldn't have any problems other than the language and drinking. I would recommend to to teen girls.
Characters:Tezuka/Hiukaru is another great character. I like him. He isn't a favorite but I know to expect a tough I'm-trying-to-do-the-best-I-can attitude from him.
Stars:4
~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~

Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 8Vol.8 by Kiiro Yumi.
Book description:(In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!)
The Media Betterment Committee’s inquiry into Iku’s role in the so-called book burning continues, and an evil conspiracy comes to light. Someone on the team is deliberately manipulating Iku, and even her attraction to Dojo becomes fodder for the fight! Will Iku ever understand Dojo’s feelings for her? (taken from Goodreads)

Objectionable:A girl was briefly assaulted, liking, language (1), hitting someone, censorship, and brief drinking(?).
Thoughts:I had waited a long time (several months) for this volume and I guess now I'll be doing it once more as the ninth volume doesn't come out until April 2. So yeah :/ As always I really loved the characters. There wasn't a ton of action in this one but the last adventure was tied up and as you might guess by it's title (>> prince & princess) Iku finally found out who was her Prince! I was definitely so excited about that :) :) :) Seriously exciting. But yes, I loved it and would recommend to teen girls.
Characters:Dojo. or Komaki. Or Iku. Possibly in that order but really...I love them all :)
Stars:4

OVERALL: I love this series and cannot wait for the next volume! Although I gave them all 4s, I would reread these over and over. It's just like plot wise and all it doesn't exactly have the same scale as a regular book. :/ Read my reviews of Vol.1 & Vol.2
Love, Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)