Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

To Be Read Thursday:The Fairest Beauty

Melanie Dickerson is a great author! I have both of her previous books, The Healer's Apprentice and The Merchant's Daughter, and loved both of them so much. She writes wonderful retellings set in medieval times. This book is a retelling of Snow White and was released the 8th I believe (slightly behind here :P) As I love retellings and everything about fairy tale this is a book I cannot wait to read and see what will happen!

The Fairest BeautyA daring rescue. A difficult choice. Sophie desperately wants to get away from her stepmother's jealousy, and believes escape is her only chance to be happy. Then a young man named Gabe arrives from Hagenheim Castle, claiming she is betrothed to his older brother, and everything twists upside down. This could be Sophie's one chance at freedom---but can she trust another person to keep her safe? Gabe defied his parents Rose and Wilhelm by going to find Sophie, and now he believes they had a right to worry: the girl's inner and outer beauty has enchanted him. Though romance is impossible---she is his brother's future wife, and Gabe himself is betrothed to someone else---he promises himself he will see the mission through, no matter what. When the pair flee to the Cottage of the Seven, they find help---but also find their feelings for each other have grown. Now both must not only protect each other from the dangers around them---they must also protect their hearts. (taken from Goodreads)

I love the cover too! Isn't mysterious and beautiful??? All in all this looks like it will be another great book from Ms.Dickerson and I'm really mad that my library hasn't gotten it yet. If they don't I might go ahead and buy it :) 
Love, Sierra
P.S. This was supposed to have been published on Thursday. I'm going ahead and making it say it was posted Thursday...sorry for any confusion and being late :/

4 comments:

  1. I'm planning on reading this book sometime too!

    btw: are you on goodreads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? We'll have to touch base after we've read it :) No! I really want to get one, but I haven't yet :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we will have too. :) You should get it! Its really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super excited about this one - especially since I actually won it! :)

    Will look forward to your GoodReads profile, Sierra - I just set one up and though I don't need another on-line profile, it's been fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)